Rainbow Reinker Technique
The Rainbow Reinker Technique is a fun little technique to use for backgrounds on your cards or projects. They would look good as a panel on a box or other 3D project.
Watch the video to see how it’s done (and to see how it’s not done – I had a couple of unexpected creations).
Measurements & Instructions
- Card base 21 cm x 14.8 cm scored and folded at 10.5 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1 measures 14.3 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Layer 2 measures 13.8 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Rainbow Reinker piece measures 3 3/4″ x 3″ trimmed and a piece of basic black card stock added as backing is 0.5 cm or 1/8″ wider than Rainbow Reinker piece
- Adhere layers 1 and 2 to card base
- Adhere Rainbow Reinker and Basic Black pieces together and add Stampin’ Dimensionals to back of Basic Black and adhere to card front where desired
- Sentiment is stamped in Melon Mambo
- Spotted image stamped twice in Basic Grey
- Bee is stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink and coloured with the Daffodil delight Watercolor Pencil with Clear Wink of Stella to blend it
- Smaller Dragonfly used and cut using Precision Base Plate in Basic Black with the full Dragonfly body being cut in Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Tip: Peel a layer off the back of the glimmer paper before die cutting and it will make it easier to cut and also help preserve the sharp edge of your dies
Here’s a closer look at the Rainbow Reinker piece with the Dragonfly attached
Would you like to win a Bitty Butterfly Punch?
If you’re an Australian Resident (no Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators, sorry) I would love for you to win this punch worth $28.00 plus postage, absolutely FREE. I would love you to sign up for my Newsletter – leave your name, email and address and on 30th March I will choose 1 winner using a Random Generator. So, what are you waiting for? Click on the banner below and sign up NOW!!
10 REASONS TO Subscribe to my Newsletter today
#1 – Direct to your inbox several times a month – you don’t have to remember to check a blog
#2 – Mobile friendly – view it on the go
#3 – 3 PDF tutorials to download with every full Newsletter
#4 – Timely reminders of Stampin’ Up! specials
#5 – Registration links for my live, virtual classes
#6 – Easy PayPal links for things like, to go classes (coming soon)
#7 – My personal specials
#8 – Easy to forward to friends
#9 – Ideas
#10 – Stay in touch with me
#11 – WIN products 🙂
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Have you ever thought about joining Stampin’ Up!? Maybe you don’t want to sell it but you want to be a Happy Shopper and receive a discount on your own purchases? To learn more, visit my website.
Earn FREE Stamps With Libby rewards program – print your copy HERE.
I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR DEMONSTRATOR!