Marker Watercolour Background
Don’t you just love a quick and easy background to enhance your card making? Marker Watercolour Background is just one such technique, that you need to try.
I’ve used the 2016 – 2018 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers of Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach and Dapper Denim for the background on this card. I added a layer of Sweet Sugarplum behind the Shimmery White background piece and I think it gives the whole card a 3D effect. A bit like those you see in art galleries (not that I’m an artist!!). The Copper Foil Dragonfly and Copper Metallic Thread behind the Dragonfly, just make this card WOW.
Watch how easy it is to do this technique:
- Card base of Whisper White 21cm x 14.8cm scored and folded at 10.5cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″. This is a landscape card.
- Layer 1 (backing to Watercolor Paper) 5cm x 12cm or 2″ x 4 3/4″
- Shimmery White A4 Card Stock 4.5cm x 11.5cm or 1 3/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Scrap of Foil or card stock to cut Dragonflies or other embellishment
- Metallic Thread – approx. round 4 splayed fingers 4 to 5 times
The 2016 – 2018 Stampin’ Write Markers used on this card were Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy and Peekaboo Peach. They’ve given a more muted tone. Perhaps with less water they’d be more vibrant.
Which card do you prefer? Leave a comment and you may be the lucky winner of the card you nominated.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Have you ever thought about joining Stampin’ Up!? Maybe you don’t want to sell it but you want to be a Happy Shopper and receive a discount on your own purchases? To learn more, visit my website.
Earn FREE Stamps With Libby rewards program – print your copy HERE.
I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR DEMONSTRATOR!