Stormy, Stormy Night
This Stormy, Stormy Night card is the result of the Glossy Card Technique I shared recently using Reinker and Rubbing Alcohol in a Stampin’ Spritzer. You can see it the post and video here.
This card front reminded me of a stormy night at sea, quite a few of which I’ve seen whilst waiting for my husband to return from fishing, on the South Coast of N.S.W. Then my mind went to High Tide and the lighthouse. The idea for my card was born, so to speak.
So this is how I created the lighthouse element:
- Stamped sand in Soft Suede
- Stamped Grass in Always Artichoke
- The birds, both on the sand and in the sky, were stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink
- The Lighthouse was stamped in Basic Black first and then Real Red
- I’ve used the Whisper White Craft Ink Refill and Blander Pen to add extra white to the white areas of the lighthouse.
- The beacon of light is stamped in Peekaboo Peach
Both the Lighthouse and Beacon elements were stamped on Whisper White card and hand cut, then adhered with Stampin Dimensionals.
Give the Faux Watercolour on Glossy Card a try. It’s messy but lots of fun and you never get the same background twice.
If you are in Australia and need a demonstrator, then you can order your supplies in my online store here.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…