This Artsy Watercolor Technique is another in my series on quick and easy techniques. It doesn’t need many supplies and your card front will look amazing. here’s my original sample of the Artsy Watercolor Technique.
Artsy Watercolor Technique Basic Tools Used:
- Stamp Sets – Touches of Texture and Flourishing Phrases
- Watercolor Paper
- Card – as desired
- Ink – to match card and Basic Black Archival Ink
- Tools – Stampin’ Spritzer
Here’s the inside of the card:
I’ve used the same flower image as the front except I have stamped it in a coordinating colour instead of Basic Black Archival ink. We’re using Basic Black Archival Ink because it’s water fast and when working with water, it’s the best one to use. You could also use Basic Gray Archival Ink. Now watch the video to see just how easy this technique is:
Things to remember:
- Use Watercolor Paper
- Use water based inks such as Stampin’ Up Classic Ink Pads
- Give the stamp a decent spritz but don’t make it drip
- Use Archival safe ink for the details and sentiment
Artsy Watercolor Technique Measurements:
- Card base – 21 cm x 14.8 cm scored and folded at 10.5 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1 is 13.8 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Watercolor Card is 13.3 cm x 9 cm or 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Card insert is Whisper White measuring 9.5 cm x 31.5 cm or 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
Have you ever thought about joining Stampin’ Up!? Maybe you don’t want to sell it but you want to be a Happy Shopper and receive a discount on your own purchases? To learn more, visit my website.
Earn FREE Stamps With Libby rewards program – print your copy HERE.
I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR DEMONSTRATOR!
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…