I’ve had the weekend off, well almost. My share today is Cake Soiree WWYS 160. I have used Cake Soiree and Watercolor Paper to create my card.
Please head on over to the What Will You Stamp Blog to see the inspiration of the design Team and that of other participants in the challenge. Make sure to leave a comment. We love comments.
Cake Soiree WWYS 160
Here’s my card and I will give you some tips below.
I’ve used copper Foil, Copper Trim and Copper Stampin’ Emboss for this card. All the elements (except the fronds) are stamped with Versamark and heat set with Copper Embossing Powder.
Now, here’s what I did:
- Large flowers coloured with Sweet Sugarplum
- Leaves coloured with Lemon Lime Twist
- Small Flowers with Dapper Denim
- Leaves coming from the suit case are copper embossed
- Fronds are die cut from Lemon Lime Twist
- All the colouring is done with a Blender Pen and the corresponding ink
- Background of suit case is a wash of Sweet Sugarplum with an Aqua Painter
- Stamp and emboss on scraps of Watercolor Paper
- Colour before die cutting as it’s easier to control the colouring on a larger piece of card than trying to hold a fiddly small element
- Using Watercolor Paper allows you to build colour intensity and have tones of colours in images
Cake Soiree WWYS 160 Basics:
- Card base is Sweet Sugarplum 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored and folded at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Copper Foil is cut to 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White piece is 11.8 cm x 8.5 cm or 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Scraps of Watercolor Paper
- Copper Trim is long enough to tie a bow
- Card insert is Whisper White 13.5 cm x 9. 5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Sentiment and Flowers (insert & envelope) stamped with Sweet Sugarplum
- Elements are adhered using Stampin’ Dimensionals or Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Tiny elements (fronds and bow) re adhered with Glue Dots
- Each layer is attached using Multipurpose Liquid Glue
What could you use this Bundle For?
- Best Wishes
- For You
- Special Occasions and so much more.
I hope you enjoyed this card and like how I include how to make it. Hopefully you’ll make some of your own and share them with me.
Online Code Club – Spend $60 in my online store and receive a thank you gift (use the code below) Orders over $250, don’t use the code, you’ll receive Hostess Rewards.
Libby’s Host Code Club is a VERY special additional reward for any of my Online Customers here in Australia, who place an order ‘over’ $60 and ‘under’ $250. Read all about it HERE and note the current host code below.
SHOP ONLINE: My Online Store is open 24/7 so if you need any of the supplies to create this project, just click on any of the product photos below and it will take you right to my online store.
QUESTIONS: Do you have any questions? Please leave me a comment
Happy Stamping, until next time