My apologies for this late posting. My scheduling went awry while I was away without internet and little telephone coverage. Nice to be back in civilization though.
Welcome to another Freebie Friday. Have you ever made something you weren’t quite sure about? Well this card is one of those. However, the ladies at my March Technique Class really liked it, so it’s featuring today for Freebie Friday.
Does it look like stormy seas? You can play with the colour until you get the effect you’re after. Just use some Sponges or Sponge Daubers with ink to add extra ink where desired.
- Cut a piece of Soft Suede card in half, then fold it in half to form your card base
- Cut a piece of Night of Navy to 14.5cm x 10cm for layer 1 and adhere to card, centering it
- Cut a piece of Whisper White to 13.8cm x 9.5cm
- Take out the World Traveler Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and ink up the side which has the Sizzix symbol on it. I used Stampin’ Sponges to add the colour and used Soft Suede and Night of Navy, leaving a space where I wanted to stamp the ship image.
- Take Memento Tuxedo Black ink and ink up the ship image and stamp directly onto the Textured Impressions Embossing Folder in the space you left un-inked. Note: The image will come out in reverse when on the card.
- Carefully centre the card on the un-inked side and then close the Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and run it through the Big Shot
- Clean the Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on your Stampin’ Scrub
- If you’re not happy with the inked areas, now is the time to gently add some more ink with wither Stampin Sponges or Sponge Daubers.
- Add this piece to the front of your card
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla to 13.5cm x 9.5cm and stamp an image in the bottom left corner and adhere inside the card
- Stamp an image on the front and back of a C^ Very Vanilla Stampin’ Up! Envelope
- Send off your card
I hope you like making this card or a version of it. I’d love to read your comments. Add them below.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share …