Today we make a Large Hexagon Box using products from the
Sweet Soirée Suite in the Occasions Catalogue. It is featured with ideas for weddings, engagements, anniversaries and many other celebrations. Our Large Hexagon Box uses the tag from the Sweet Cake Framelit Dies and I show you a couple of tips when using Dies. It also uses the Sweet Soirée Specialty Designer Series Paper.
Large Hexagon Box 1
This box could e used for any celebration from Birthday to Wedding and everything in between. It’s large inside and by reinforcing it on the base, it’s quite sturdy. So grab a cuppa and sit back with pen and paper for your note taking and see how I made this Large Hexagon Box.
Large Hexagon Box Video
I hope you gave me a thumbs up. Subscribe so you don’t miss any more in this series.
I appreciate your support through subscribing, thank you.
Large Hexagon Box Other Views:
All your folds should form a lovely domes peek and I’ve found Baker’s Twine to be about the best trim to thread through your Large Hexagon Box. It’s thin, slides easily and ties easily.
This is the one we made today in the video. These would be perfect to congratulate a new baby to a family. You could pop all sorts of wonderful gifts in the Large Hexagon Box as well as something for Mum.
Large Hexagon Box Basics:
- Card measuring 11 5/8″ x 8 1/4″ or 29.8 cm x 21 cm
- Score with long side at the top of your Simply Scored at 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″, 8 1/4″ and 11″ or 7 cm, 14 cm, 21 cm and 28 cm
- Score with the short side at the top of your Simply Scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″ or 7 cm and 14 cm
- You then need to put a notch your card with long side at the top of your Simply Scored and the tab on the right at 1 3/8″, 4 1/8″, 6 7/8″, and 9 5/8″ or 3.5 cm, 10.5 cm, 17.5 cm and 24 cm
- You need a matching piece of card cut to 8 1/4″ x 6″ or 21 cm x 15.2 cm
- Score on both short and long sides at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″ or 7 cm and 14 cm
- You then need to put a notch with the 6″ or 15.2 cm side at the top of your Simply Scored and the tab on the right side, at 1 3/8″ and 4 1/8″ or 3.5 cm and 10.5 cm
- Cut Designer Series Paper to 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ or 6.3 cm x 6.3 cm and you will need 6 pieces.
- Die cut 2 largest circles from the Layering Circle Framelit Dies
- Place your ribbon or trim holes about 1/2″ or 1.2 cm down
- You will need about 40″ or 1 m of Baker’s Twin or similar trim.
- Follow the video for the full instructions
Large Hexagon Box Final Look
Thank you for stopping by today
ALL online orders placed using this month Hostess Code will receive a FREE gift FROM ME.
2018 SALE A BRATION Brochure from Stampin’ Up! is HERE and you can earn FREE and EXCLUSIVE products from the Catalogue and here are the 3 ways to earn from the Catalogue till March 31st 2018.
Classes are mostly monthly on a Saturday exact times and dates are in the Calendar Image in the right-side bar
I will be hosting a Occasions Catalogue & Sale-A-Bration Brochure Event on February 17th at 11 am
We will be making Projects from both the Occasions Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration Brochure
Cost is FREE All Materials (except Stampin’ Up! Adhesive) and Light Refreshments included.
RSVP to me on 0410315786 to RESERVE your spot.
Class Specials – Come to class and place an order over $60 you get class for $15 or buy the bundle used and get your class for FREE.. Bring a friend who is a new customer to me and class is 1/2 price for you both.
My classes are suitable for all skill levels of crafters