Today we make this Mini Handbag Sweet Soirée using the stamps and Framelits from the Sweet Soirée Bundle and some of the Sweet Soirée Specialty Designer Series Paper. It’s a fun little project which could be made for any young person to carry their precious things in.
Mini Handbag Sweet Soirée Bag 1
This was my prototype so to speak and after ironing out some glitches was ready to photograph and display. I’ve used Berry Burst and Marina Mist inks and Whisper White with Old Olive card stock. Keep your scraps of card stock as they can come in handy for projects such as these.
Here’s another view. Although quite plain in itself, I think the embellishment of flowers and leaves is enough to dress it up. Then I added the 1/4″ Whisper White Organza Ribbon for the handles which I think adds a delicate touch to it, don’t you.
I hope you enjoy the video and you’re able to give it a thumbs up as you go through. Thanks for watching.
Mini Handbag Sweet Soirée Video
Mini Handbag Sweet Soirée Bag 2
This is the Daffodil delight one we made in the Video complete with Sweet Soirée Specialty Designer Series Paper on the flap. I used my Envelope Punch Board to round the corners on the flap.
Here’s a closer look at the embellishment piece which I built on the Silicon Craft Sheet available from Stampin’ Up!. I find it’s a nice size, especially for messy work at crops and camps. It’s also great for hot glue.
Mini Handbag Sweet Soirée Template
The template is what was promised but I was unable to add the measurements for you but have them down beneath this. If you’re not sure you can always contact me for clarification.
Mini Handbag Sweet Soirée Basics
- Card measures 11 5/8″ x 6 3/4″ or A4 (29.8 cm) card x 17.2 cm
- Score with the long side at the top of your Simply Scored at 4 1/2″, 5 1/2″, 10″ and 11″ or 10.9 cm, 14 cm, 25.4 cm and 27.9 cm
- With the short side at the top of your Simply Scored score at 1″ and 5 1/4″ or 2.5 cm and 13.3 cm
- Trim off along top leaving last large square in tact for the flap
- In between the 1″ score lines mark up 1/2″ or 1.3 cm from first score line and 1/2″ or 1.3 cm in (so in the centre of the two score lines) and score all the way to the top and repeat with the other one. Score from the lower 1/2″ or 1.3 cm point to the corners on the first horizontal score line. These two areas form the gusset of the bag.
- Cut off small tab piece on the bottom at the end
- Cut up at a mitred angle all score lines to the first horizontal score line.
- Place Tear & Tape on the tab and the inside base opposite the flap.
- Make sure all score lines are burnished with your bone folder and just use your fingers on the gussets
- Cut Designer Series paper for the flap at 1 1/8″ x 4 3/8″ or 3 cm x 11 cm
- You need two pieces of ribbon which are about 11″ or 29 cm n length
- For the bag holes, place a mark at 1 1/2″ or 3.8 cm down from bag edge at two points and using your ruler to join them and the 0 on your ruler at the edge of your bag (tab on your right) mark points at 2 3/4″, 5 1/4″, 8 1/8″ and 10 1/8″ or 7 cm, 13 cm, 21.7 cm and 27 cm. Punch your holes for the ribbon at these points.
Mini Handbag Sweet Soirée Last Look
ALL online orders placed using this month Hostess Code will receive a FREE gift FROM ME.
2018 SALE A BRATION Brochure from Stampin’ Up! is HERE and you can earn FREE and EXCLUSIVE products from the Catalogue and here are the 3 ways to earn from the Catalogue till March 31st 2018.
Classes are mostly monthly on a Saturday exact times and dates are in the Calendar Image in the right-side bar
I will be hosting a Occasions Catalogue & Sale-A-Bration Brochure Event on February 17th at 11 am
We will be making Projects from both the Occasions Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration Brochure
Cost is FREE All Materials and Light Refreshments included.
RSVP to me on 0410315786 to RESERVE your spot.
Class Specials – Come to class and place an order over $60 you get class for $15 or buy the bundle used and get your class for FREE.. Bring a friend who is a new customer to me and class is 1/2 price for you both.
My classes are suitable for all skill levels of crafters
See you Soon