Today’s technique video is Watercolor Technique with Markers. This technique leaves you with a sort of soft smudged image leading to an arty effect on your card fronts. It’s not for everyone but it’s worth a try and all you need are a couple of Stampin’ Write Markers, some Watercolor Paper and a stamp set.
I’ve used one of the images from Thoughts and Prayers, twice. I’ve stamped the sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink.
I used the stamp image on the inside of the card and the outside of the envelope. Still colouring with Stampin’ Write Markers but only stamping down once to give you the images on both. Watch the video to see how I did this and to see how to do the technique.
Watercolor Technique with Markers
- Decide on a stamp set
- Get your paper towel ready
- Cut all your supplies (measurements below
- Stamp your insert and Envelope
- Adhere all inserts to the inside of the card
- Damped you Watercolor Paper – you could do 2 at a time
- Colour your image and stamp. Dry off the Watercolor Paper with your Heat Tool
- Colour your image again and spritz with water and stamp down. Allow to dry while stamping other Watercolor paper card fronts
- Dry off with heat tool, then stamp all the sentiments at the same time
- Adhere this panel to Layer 1
- Attach Foam Adhesive Strip to all Layer 1
- Attach all to card front. Done!!
- Only take out what is necessary to complete the current project
- Have all your supplies handy and a tidy spot to craft
- When finished, put everything away!! Don’t handle things twice. Use it, put it away. This way you’re not wasting valuable crafting time tidying up your craft space.
Watercolor Technique with Markers Measurements:
- Card base is 14.8 cm x 10.5 cm
- Layer 1 is 13.8 cm x 9.5 cm
- Watercolor Paper is 13.5 cm x 8.5 cm
Don’t forget to colour your image and lay the insert and envelope next to each other to save time stamping both individually.
I hope some of these tips prove useful. If you have any others, I’d love to see them. Pop on over to my Facebook Business page and share them with us there. You may even receive a reward.
Online Code Club – Spend $60 in my online store and receive a thank you gift (use the code below) Orders over $250, don’t use the code, you’ll receive Hostess Rewards.
Libby’s Host Code Club is a VERY special additional reward for any of my Online Customers here in Australia, who place an order ‘over’ $60 and ‘under’ $250. Read all about it HERE and note the current host code below.
SHOP ONLINE: My Online Store is open 24/7 so if you need any of the supplies to create this project, just click on any of the product photos below and it will take you right to my online store.
QUESTIONS: Do you have any questions? Please leave me a comment
Happy Stamping, until next time