Welcome to another Freshly Brewed Blog Hop with the Latte Girls and today we’re looking at Birthdays. Make sure you see all the inspiration by hopping along with us. You can see a full list of participants below.
Oh, I had fun creating this card on my Live With Libby yesterday. Did you miss it? Never mind, I’ll have the replay tomorrow for you. I’ve used Balloon Celebration Photopolymer Stamp Set and the Balloon Bouquet Punch for this card
Tip: Use 2 Post-It Notes together to punch out a few ‘masks’ before you start (Thanks Rebeka for that tip). This way the punch doesn’t try to eat your post-it notes.
Stamp the balloon strings first and add the bow. This gives you somewhere to stamp your balloons. Choose coordinating colours a pale and dark or mid-range for each shade. Stamp your first balloon and then mask it and so on.
You may need more masks when you stamp the dotted bit.
Now, this may seem a strange image to share but can you see the faint Petal Pink tinge on the Whisper White card? I added Frost White Shimmer Paint and a few drops of Petal Pink Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill to a Stampin’ Spritzer with rubbing Alcohol and spritzed the whole of the background before stamping. It’s given it a lovely shimmer effect
Tip: Use the Take Your Pick Tool to place the Metallic Pearls in place for ease of getting them off the original sheet and placing them down on your card
- Cut card base of Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Score and fold at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Cut Gold Glimmer Paper to 13.9 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Cut Whisper White card to 13.4 cm x 9 cm or 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Stamp balloons in Petal Pink Classic Stampin’ Pad and Calypso Coral Classic Stampin’ Pad; Balmy Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad and Blueberry Bushel Classic Stampin’ Pad. Stamp the strings, bow and sentiment in Blueberry Bushel
- Adhere all the layers with Liquid Multipurpose Glue and place a bit of weight on the Glimmer Paper and the card front until the glue adheres.
- Punch out a balloon in Gold Glimmer Paper and adhere it to the card front where desired with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut a piece of card for the card insert to 13.5 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Stamp images in your chosen colour up one edge of both the card insert and the Whisper White C6 Envelopes.
- Adhere the card insert inside the card
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.