This Basket would be ideal for Easter or for other occasions where you want a small open basket for gift giving. You could make it in Designer Series Paper or any coloured card stock you choose.
If giving it for Easter you could place a medium-sized egg in the middle and surround it with smaller eggs. For other occasions, how about a small pin cushion, tape measure and thread?
This basket design may also be made using a:
- 9″ x 9″ or 22.5 cm x 22.5 cm square
- 12″ x 12″ or 30 cm x 30 cm square which will measure 4″ or 10 cm deep and 7″ or 17.5 cm across
- Try using Designer Series Paper for a different look
So, try different sizes and card/paper to see what you can come up with
MEASUREMENTS & INSTRUCTIONS
- First of all cut a 6″ x 6″ or 15 cm x 15 cm square of card score at 2″ & 4″ or 5 cm & 10 cm turn 1/4 and repeat
- Then cut the handle is 6″ x 1/2″ or 15 cm x 1.3 cm – use corner rounder to round all corners and ink distress with co-ordinating colour
- Punch out 2 x 1″ or 2.5 cm circles and ink distress all around, fold in half and burnish score line
- Cut 2″ or 5 cm deep at the 2″ or 5 cm score line and at the 4″ or 10 cm score line and repeat on opposite sides
- The centre flap needs to be cut into a triangle by marking the mid-point on the outside edge and cutting into the score line (see video)
- Cut the outside squares into 1/3rd which is approx 5/8″ or 1.6 cm
- Trim 1/4″ or 1.3 cm from the 2nd and 3rd strips in each square
- Ink distress all edges now if you want to do this step. Also ink distress both circles and the handle
- Fold all flaps into centre and place adhesive on tip of triangle and adhere flap 1 first so the 2 flaps form a straight line across the tip of the triangle. Place adhesive on flaps 2 & 3 and adhere. Repeat on opposite end.
- Then adhere folded circles over tip of triangle, hiding all the ends inside your basket
- Now place adhesive on ends of handle and adhere to outside of basket and place Enamel Shapes in the centre of base of handle to look like rivets
- Finally add embellishments as desired
- Tiny spools of cotton, tiny scissors and a tiny wrist pin cushion all in a cello bag with a tag
- Fill with tortilla chips, a packet of seasoning and recipe to make chilli
- Small decorative muffin tin and some muffin mix
- Easter gifts
- Something for Mothers’ Day
Would you like to win a Bitty Butterfly Punch?
If you’re an Australian Resident (no Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators, sorry) I would love for you to win this punch worth $28.00 plus postage, absolutely FREE. I would love you to sign up for my Newsletter – leave your name, email and address and on 30th March I will choose 1 winner using a Random Generator. So, what are you waiting for? Click on the banner below and sign up NOW!!
10 REASONS TO Subscribe to my Newsletter today
#1 – Direct to your inbox several times a month – you don’t have to remember to check a blog
#2 – Mobile friendly – view it on the go
#3 – 3 PDF tutorials to download with every full Newsletter
#4 – Timely reminders of Stampin’ Up! specials
#5 – Registration links for my live, virtual classes
#6 – Easy PayPal links for things like, to go classes (coming soon)
#7 – My personal specials
#8 – Easy to forward to friends
#9 – Ideas
#10 – Stay in touch with me
#11 – WIN products 🙂
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Have you ever thought about joining Stampin’ Up!? Maybe you don’t want to sell it but you want to be a Happy Shopper and receive a discount on your own purchases? To learn more, visit my website.
Earn FREE Stamps With Libby rewards program – print your copy HERE.
I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR DEMONSTRATOR!