This week I have been concentrating on Stampin’ Blends and today I have Bauble Blends.
Have you seen my Stampin’ Blends club? You can read more about it HERE. It’s an easy way to stock up on these wonderful colouring and blending pens at a reasonable monthly cost.
Use the Beautiful Baubles Photopolymer Bundle to make this card along with the Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I also added some Cherry Cobbler 1/4″ Double-Stitched Ribbon which covers where I snipped off the ornament cap.
Tip: Buy the bundle and save 10%
Use whatever Stampin’ Blends colours you want for your bauble. I have used traditional colours here but you could easily use non-traditional colours too
Tip: Use a Stampin’ Spritzer with water in it to lightly spritz the back of the card before you emboss it
Sandwich: With Dynamic Textured Embossing Folders you only need 1 clear plate. The sandwich is Big Shot Platform + Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder with card inside + Clear Plate.
Bauble Blends Basics
- Cut Whisper White A4 Card Stock for a card base to 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Score and fold at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Cut Cherry Cobbler A4 Card Stock to 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere to card front using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Run a piece of Whisper White A4 Card Stock cut to 13.9 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″ through the Big Shot with Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Adhere this piece to the front of the card using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Stamp the bauble using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad on Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock
- Die cut the bauble using the Detailed Baubles Thinlits Dies
- Colour the bauble using Stampin’ Blends. I used Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack, Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack, Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack, Mango Melody Light Stampin’ Blends and Stampin’ Blends Color Lifter
- Adhere it to the card front, towards the top, using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Use Cherry Cobbler 1/4″ Double-Stitched Ribbon to tie a bow and adhere it to the top of the bauble using Glue Dots
- Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White A4 Card Stock using Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad and trim
- Back the sentiment on a piece of Cherry Cobbler A4 Card Stock which is banner cut
- Adhere the two sentiment pieces together using Liquid Multipurpose Glue and then add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and adhere it to the card front
- Cut a piece of Whisper White A4 Card Stock for the card insert to 13.5 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Line up the card insert and the Whisper White C6 Envelopes so the tops are in a straight line and the Whisper White C6 Envelopes is on the right of the card insert
- Ink up the hanging baubles image using Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad and stamp so you have roughly half the baubles on each piece
- Adhere the card insert inside the card using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
Tip: To ensure you get a good image place your Stampin’ Pierce Mat under your stamping. Stamps need a ‘cushion’ somewhere in the equation to get good clean images. Wood mount have a cushion and so do clear mounts but photopolymer don’t. By using the Stampin’ Pierce Mat you provide the cushion.
Tip: Don’t remove the plastic bag from your Stampin’ Pierce Mat when you get it. The bag will act as a protector and ink can be easily cleaned off the bag.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.