Welcome to a new week on my blog. I’m looking at Retiring 2017 – 2019 In Colors this week. I have a coffee card today called Berry Burst Thanks A Latte. Thanks for spending time with me, I really appreciate it.
Well, what a fantastic week I’ve had in Auckland, New Zealand attending Stampin’ Up! OnStage and spending a few extra days with friends and exploring. My flight home arrives tonight and whilst it’s lovely to go away, you do appreciate your home comforts, don’t you?
Berry Burst Thanks A Latte
- Coffee Café Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Coffee Cups Framelits Dies
- Berry Burst 3/8″ (1 Cm) Mini Ruffled Ribbon
Cut a piece of Watercolor Paper to 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″.
Tip: Watercolor Paper has a right and wrong side. Feel it and the smoother side is the right side.
Wipe over the right side of your Watercolor Paper with an Embossing Buddy to remove static and oil from your fingers. Stamp with Versamark Pad using the sentiment image from Coffee Café Photopolymer Stamp Set. I stamped it 3 times. Sprinkle over your stamping with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and then heat set with your Heat Tool.
Tip: Always have some copy paper under your work when sprinkling with embossing powder. It will catch any excess and makes tipping this excess back into your container easy.
Colour Wash Technique
- Emboss the Watercolor Paper with the White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (as above)
- Use one of the Aqua Painters and Berry Burst Classic Stampin’ Pad to make up a watery wash
- Wipe over the Watercolor Paper in a diagonal fashion, reloading the Aqua Painter with colour as needed.
Tip: If you can’t squeeze ink into the lid of the Berry Burst Classic Stampin’ Pad. Use one of your acrylic blocks and dab it on the pad of the Berry Burst Classic Stampin’ Pad, then use it as a palette.
Berry Burst Thanks A Latte Basics
- Cut a card base of Berry Burst A4 Cardstock to 29.7 cm x 10.5 cm or 11″ x 4 1/4″
- Score and fold at 14.85 cm or 5 1/2″
- Adhere the completed Watercolor Paper piece to the card front using Liquid Multipurpose Glue.
- On Crumb Cake A4 Card Stock stamp the coffee cup image from Coffee Café Photopolymer Stamp Set with Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Use Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad to stamp 1 lid and 1 smaller coffee cup from Coffee Café Photopolymer Stamp Set onto Whisper White A4 Card Stock.
- Stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White A4 Card Stock using Berry Burst Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Die cut all the stamped images using the Coffee Cups Framelits Dies and the Big Shot. Also, die cut 2 coffee sleeves from Soft Suede A4 Card Stock.
- Adhere all the coffee cups together and the large coffee cup to the card front using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Adhere the smaller coffee cup using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Tie a bow using Berry Burst 3/8″ (1 Cm) Mini Ruffled Ribbon and adhere in place using Glue Dots
- Cut a piece of Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 13.5 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″ for the card insert. Use the coffee beans from the Coffee Café Photopolymer Stamp Set and Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad to stamp on the card insert and the Whisper White C6 Envelopes. Adhere the card insert inside the card using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share.