I needed to make a gift box to place a gift for people I’m rooming in for OnStage Local in Sydney next weekend, I think my Bespoke Box for Gift will do the trick.
Now there’s lots of photos and the video, so I hope you like it. I would be interested to read your comments.
Bespoke Box for Gift.
This was my first which was made before the video. I explain my process in the video too. Here’s the top view:
I haven’t trimmed the ribbon yet as I’m not sure whether to add another bit around the box and then tie on top. What do you think?
- Use some scrap paper or brown paper to make a template before cutting into your designer Series Paper
- Measure the length of you item and add the ‘width’ plus 1/2″ or 13 cm to the top and bottom if you want the box to open and shut
- Work out the width by starting with 1/2″ or 1.3 cm for the tab to place the Tear & Tape Adhesive on to close the box
- Wrap the scrap/brown paper around the tube creasing as you go and this will give you the measurements and score lines for the width
- Use good quality Designer Series Paper like Stampin’ Up! and good quality coordinating ribbon
Bespoke Box for Gift Basics:
- Designer Series Paper is cut to 8 1/2″ x 11″ or 21.7 cm x 28 cm
- With short side along the top of your scoring tool score at 1/2″; 1 3/4″; 4 1/2″ and 5 3/4″ or 1.3 cm; 4.5 cm; 11.5 cm and 14.2 cm
- Long side across the top of your scoring tool score at 3/4″; 2″; 9″ and 10 1/4″ or 2 cm; 5.2 cm; 23 cm and 26 cm.
- Burnish all score lines thoroughly with your Bone Folder
- Trim where shown on video or use template with the noted changes
- Add adhesive to the tab and adhere
- Finish off with Ribbon and a tag or gift card
Have you ever thought about joining Stampin’ Up!? Maybe you don’t want to sell it but you want to be a Happy Shopper and receive a discount on your own purchases? To learn more, visit my website.
Earn FREE Stamps with Libby’s rewards program – print your copy HERE.
I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR DEMONSTRATOR!
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…