I’m featuring window cards and thought I’d share Best Birds Window which combines a stamp set and dies we’ve had for a while, with some new Designer Series Paper.
Best Birds Window
This is one of those stamp sets you sometimes forget you have when there’s lots of new product to play with. However, Best Birds Photopolymer Stamp Set and the coordinating Birds & Blooms Thinlits Dies are a wonderful set to own. You can do many different techniques with the images and then die cut them with your Big Shot and Big Shot Magnetic Platform.
- Stamp onto Watercolor Paper and use inks and an Aqua Painters
- Use Stampin’ Write Markers
- Stampin’ Blends are also great for colouring and that’s what I have used for this card
- Watercolor Pencils
- Ink and a Blender Pens
Adhere the Frosted Floral 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 Cm) Specialty Designer Series Paper to the front of the card and then die cut an oval using the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies.
Stamp the images using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad onto
Tip: Place the branch thinlit die on your work surface and the stamp right side down on top of the die, to ensure it’s in the correct position when you need to die cut it
Best Birds Window Basics
- Cut Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Score and fold at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Cut a piece of Whisper White A4 Card Stock 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Cut a piece of Frosted Floral 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 Cm) Specialty Designer Series Paper to 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Adhere the Whisper White card and the D.S.P. together using Liquid Multipurpose Glue ensuring you get some, where you may place the oval
- Die cut an oval using the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies in the centre of this piece
- Using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad stamp the images from Best Birds Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Stamp a bird and a branch on some scrap Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock and die cut out
- Colour the images using Stampin’ Blends
- Use Foam Adhesive Strips to adhere the front panel to the card front
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the extra bird and branch on the card front where desired
- Cut a piece of Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 13.5 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″ for the card insert
- Use Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin’ Pad to stamp some flowers on the card insert and the Whisper White C6 Envelopes
- Adhere the card insert inside the card with Liquid Multipurpose Glue
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.