Today from the Classic Garage Suite I’m sharing a card suitable for all the ‘Dads’ in your life. Best Dad came together quite quickly.
For this card I used:
- Geared Up Garage Cling Bundle
- Classic Garage 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper
- Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Tip: Buy the Geared Up Garage Cling Bundle and save 10%. Add some adhesive to bring the bundle up to A$90 so you can choose a FREE Sale-A-Bration Product.
Use the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to emboss the Card Stock A4 Smoky Slate which measures 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ or 9.5 cm x 6.4 cm
Tip: Lightly spritz with water the Card Stock A4 Smoky Slate before embossing it. This will give you better detail.
Tip: The Big Shot sandwich to use for Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folders is Big Shot Platform, then the Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder with the spritzed card stock inside plus one of the Standard Cutting Pads
Cut several of the gears using the Garage Gears Thinlits Dies and Basic Gray A4 Card Stock with the Big Shot and the Big Shot Platform. Adhere them to the card front using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals and Liquid Multipurpose Glue.
Tip: Keep the inner shape when you die cut the radiator and sentiment. Adhere the sentiment to the centre of the radiator then place Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back and Liquid Multipurpose Glue on the radiator. Pop the sentiment piece inside the radiator once it is positioned. It helps with placement and makes it ‘pop’ a bit more.
Best Dad Basics
- Cut Real Red A4 Card Stock to 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Score and fold at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Cut Basic Black A4 Card Stock 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 10 cm (card insert); 2 at 10 cm x 6.7 cm or 4″ x 2 3/4″ and (1) 10 cm x 6.9 cm or 4″ x 2 5/8″
- For the card insert cut Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 19.3 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″ and adhere to the Basic Black A4 Card Stock previously cut with Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Cut Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 9.9 cm x 6.9 cm or 3″ x 1 1/2″ and adhere to one of the smaller pieces of Basic Black. Trim another piece to 9.5 cm x 6.2 cm or 3 7/8″ x 2 5/8″ and stamp the ‘smoke splotches on it in Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad, then adhere to one of the smaller pieces of Basic Black
- Cut a piece of Card Stock A4 Smoky Slate and run it through with the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder as previously described
- Adhere the Basic Black and embossed Smoky Slate with Liquid Glue
- Cut a piece of Classic Garage 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper to 3 7/8″ x 2 5/8″ or 9.5 cm x 6.2 cm
- Adhere the two side panels, leaving a margin down the centre, with Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Then adhere the piece with the embossed panel centring it across the card, with Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Add the gears and sentiment as previously described
- Stamp the jerry can on the inside of the card and on the Whisper White C6 Envelopes
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.