Today the Latte Girls are bring you projects using Bird Banter. This is a cute but quirky stamp set. Make sure you hop to all the blogs as they will all have different projects to share with you.
- Leonie Schroder
- Libby Dyson – YOU ARE HERE
- Narelle Fasulo
I decided on something a little different and combined the Bird Banter stamp set with the Petal Palette Designer Series Paper.
There’s definitely something a bit quirky about this set. I decided to use the Toucan and the Budgerigar to make my card. I added some sponge brayering and Stampin’ Blends and made a Spinner Birthday Card.
Isn’t he cute. I’ve used a range of Stampin’ Blends and seeing as we don’t have a black I settled for the Smoky Slate. The tail is a combination of Night of Navy and Rich Razzleberry with a touch of Color Lifter. I discovered Toucan’s can be a range of colours. I’ve used the Classic Label Punch for the happy Birthday sentiment.
Isn’t this just gorgeous black and white Designer Series Paper? I cut a piece of it for the front of the card and used a Sponge Brayer and Lemon Lime Twist ink to colour it. I think it turned out well as a background to the card.
The card insert and the envelope were also coloured with Stampin’ Blends but only lightly so the Stampin’ Blends didn’t seep through the paper. I used Light & Dark Pool Party, Light & Dark Daffodil Delight and the Color Lifter.
Bird Banter Basics
- Card base measures 14.8 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored and folded in half to make a portrait card
- Layer 1 and the D.S.P.are 14.3 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″ – adhere them together
- Choose 2 Layering Circle Framelits Dies and die cut this last layer
- Pop Foam Adhesive Strips and or Stampin’ Dimensionals around but not close to the cut out circle and adhere to front of card
- Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the centre circle. Now, I find it easier to pop the circle frame piece back into the die cut circle, remove the backing from the Stampin’ Dimensionals and pop the centre circle down. Then remove the circle frame. I just find this ensures you get that centre circle piece in the correct position.
- Take 2 x $0.05 pieces or similar and round off a Stampin’ Dimensional then sandwich the 2 coins together.
- Pop the mechanism in place and add the bird
OK, that’s it from me for today. Make sure you visit the other blogs in the hop.
You can shop for all the products used today in my Online Store or contact me to place your order.
Don’t forget for every A$90 you spend, you can choose a FREE products from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure.
ALL online orders placed using this month Hostess Code will receive a FREE gift FROM ME.
2018 SALE A BRATION catalogue from Stampin’ Up! is HERE and you can earn FREE and EXCLUSIVE products from the Catalogue and here are the 3 ways to earn from the Catalogue till March 31st 2018.
Classes are mostly monthly on a Saturday exact times and dates are in the Calendar Image in the right side bar
I will be hosting a Occasions Catalogue & Sale-A-Bration Brochure Event on February 17th at 11am
We will be making Projects from both the Occasions Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration Brochure
Cost is $20 All Materials and Light Refreshments included.
RSVP to me on 0410315786 to RESERVE your spot.
Class Specials – Come to class and place an order over $60 you get class for $15 or buy the bundle used and get your class for FREE.. Bring a friend who is a new customer to me and class is 1/2 price for you both.
My classes are suitable for all skill levels of crafters
See you Soon