Oh, I’ve had so much fun making this card which I have called Blended Season Thumping. You might say I’ve had a thumping good time with it. Every time I did the thumping it produces different results.
Blended Season Thumping
I have a closer view of this centre panel for you below, so you can see where I thumped with markers to get the effect.
Um, maybe I need to do a video to show it more clearly. Tomorrow’s job.
What You Will Need
- Stamp Bundle – Blended Seasons Clear-Mount Bundle
- Tools – Everyday Label Punch, Paper Snips Scissors, Aqua Painters, Stamping Sponges and Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2
- Embellishments – Copper Metallic Thread
- Stampin’ Write Markers – Cajun Craze (Regals Stampin’ Write Markers), Granny Apple Green (Brights Stampin’ Write Markers) and Tranquil Tide (2017-2019 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers)
- Ink – Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad and Jet Black Stazon Ink Pad
- Card – Crumb Cake A4 Card Stock, Whisper White A4 Card Stock and Whisper White C6 Envelopes
- Other Tools – Silicone Craft Sheet, Big Shot and Big Shot Magnetic Platform
- Adhesive – Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots and Liquid Multipurpose Glue
Blended Season Thumping Basics:
- Cut card to 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Score and fold at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Cut card for the first layer at 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Cut another card front to 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″
- You need a scrap of card for the sentiment and more for stamping the leaves
- Stamp leaves on the spare card using a combination of thumping and stamping in Stazon and colouring with Watercolor Pencils. Use the Aqua Painter to give the watercolour look. Fussy cut these with your Paper Snips
- Stamp the sentiment and punch out
- Die cut some leaves from scraps of card – I used 2 (1 in Cajun Craze and 1 in Granny Apple Green)
- Cut card 14.4 cm x 5 cm or 5 1/4″ x 2″
- Using the leaf image thump the Stampin’ Write Markers over the leaves and stamp on the strip. Repeat the strip is covered.
- Die cut the frame and sponge around it, the card front, sentiment piece and the strip with ink.
- Adhere the strip to the centre of the card
- Place the frame on the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Wrap about 6 rounds of Metallic Thread around your hand and lay it on top of the frame
- Use Glue Dots and the Craft Silicone Mat to build up sentiment piece and adhere to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut a card insert to 13.5 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Use the thumping technique to ink up the leaf stamp. Line up the envelope next to the card insert and stamp the two together. Adhere the insert inside the card
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.