I have a video for you today which is an Edited Live With Libby from Tuesday, last. The Drapery Fold Portrait Card is made using the Tea Room Specialty Designer Series paper. I have made this type of fold before but as a landscape version, which you can see HERE. Today’s is a portrait version.
Drapery Fold Portrait Card
This is the card I made during the video and below you will be able to see the card you can make with the leftover folded piece, so you can actually get 2 cards from the same piece of D.S.P.
I’ve used Calypso Coral card and ink as the basis for the card. Adding some Pearls helps add some glamour to the card. The Tea Room Combo Pack of ribbon coordinates really well and really dresses this card up.
What You Will Need
- Card for a card base and a layer – Calypso Coral and Very Vanilla
- Designer Series Paper – Tea Room Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Embellishments – Pearl Basic Jewels or Gold Faceted Gems
- Ribbon – Tea Room Ribbon Combo
- A stamp set and Dies – Tea Room Photopolymer Bundle
- Big Shot with Magnetic Platform
- Ink – Calypso Coral
- Sponges – cut them into 6ths and add a punched shape for a handle and so you can write what colour you used
- Adhesive – Tear & Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots and Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- C6 Envelopes – Very Vanilla
Watch the video and see how it was made and I’ll have the measurements at the bottom of the post.
I hope you gave the video a thumbs up and subscribed
Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it
Don’t miss the next Live With Libby
Drapery Fold Portrait Card Basics:
- Cut card base to 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Score and fold at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Cut layer 1 of cardstock to 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Trim a piece of Designer Series Paper to 22.2 cm x 9 cm or 8 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Score on the long side (22.2 cm or 8 3/4″) at 3 cm; 4.5 cm; 7 cm; 8.3 cm; 10.8 cm; 12 cm; 14.6 cm; 16 cm; 18.4 cm and 19.7 cm or 1 1/4″; 1 3/4″; 2 3/4″; 3 1/4″; 4 1/4″; 4 3/4″; 5 3/4″; 6 1/4″; 7 1/4″ and 7 3/4″
- Start at the bottom edge (3 cm or 1 1/4″) to about 1.2 cm or 1/2″ from the top right edge of the D.S.P.
- Create pleats by folding mountain, valley fashion until all score lines are pleated
- Adhere the drapery fold with Tear & Tape Adhesive
- Cut ribbon and adhere at the top of the D.SP. I roll up Glue Dots and place on the front of the card on each side then adhere ribbon to the Glue Dots and flip the card over and attach to the back of the card with Tear & Tape
- Add a separate bow with a Glue Dot, where desired
- Stamp the sentiment and die cut the shape. Adhere in place with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add a stamped image to the front of the card if desired.
- Stamp the card insert and the envelope to finish the card off.
- Adhere all layers with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Add some Gold Faceted Gems or Pearl Basic Jewels where desired
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…