On Wednesday, I told you Stampin’ Up! Weekly Deals will end in a couple of weeks. So for today’s Freebie Friday, I decided to feature the Stars Framelits Dies so you could make your own ‘star’ card. I’ve made a number of different ones and it depends on how many and the type of stars you use as to the number you need to cut out with your Big Shot. Here’s another sample:
This one has the Silver Foil Sheet in the centre of the larger star. These cards are quick and easy to make. So, let’s get started:
- Choose your card base to co-ordinate with your chosen colour for your card. Cut an A4 sheet of card in half and fold down the middle, burnishing the fold line with your Bone Folder
- Cut a piece of Whisper White to 14.3cm x 10cm
- Stamp your chosen sentiment on it where desired
- Use your Big Shot, Magnetic Platform and Stars Framelits Dies to cut out the required number of stars. To get the large frame I have used take the 2nd and 3rd dies from the outside. Place them on the card so they nest inside each other and run through the Big Shot. This will give you a frame and 1 solid star
- Use Liquid Multipurpose Glue to adhere some of your stars and adhere others using Stampin’ Dimensionals so the front of your card has some dimension
- Cut a piece of Whisper White 13.5cm x 9.5cm and use the card base colour in ink and the stars from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar Photopolymer Stamp Set to stamp on the lower right of this piece and on the front left of the envelope and the back of the envelope.
- Take your Liquid Multipurpose Glue and adhere the front piece with the stars to the front of the card base and the star stamped inside piece to the inside of your card.
Here is another card using the same method.
This card has some extra stars from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar Photopolymer Stamp Set stamped on the front and 2 star frames overlapping.
I actually stamped 3 times on the inside to give a more starry feel to the cards. After all, when it’s your birthday you are a star, right?
So I hope you like these 3 card ideas using the Stars Framelits Dies from Weekly Deals, for Freebie Friday this week. I’d love to read your comment.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share …