Welcome to another Freshly Brewed Blog Hop. This week’s projects are all centred around giving you a sneak peek into what’s coming in the New 2016 – 2017 Annual Catalogue.
Here’s my Baby Bear card. I won this set at On Stage this year and I was so please. My other love, apart from Owls, is Bears. So this set is close to my heart. When my friend Leonie Schroder visited, we played with different colour combinations for this 3 step Photopolymer Stamp wich will be available from 1st June 2016. It’s so new, it’s not even listed in TAMS yet. So here are the details of the set new! Baby Bear • 12 photopolymer stamps #141859 A$45.00 (suggested clear blocks: b, e, g) Two-Step. However I use it as a 3 step Bear.
Now, on the inside of the card and the outside of the envelope I only used image 3 from the set. Each image is numbered which helps a lot. I stamped this in Chocolate Chip and this image gives you the bear’s eyes, nose and other featured.
To stamp the Bear I used Image 3 in Chocolate Chip first, then Image 2 in Crumb Cake and finally Image 3 again in Crumb Cake but stamped it off first.
I also made a box so you could place a gift inside it and closed it using the new Dapper Denim Ruched 3/8″ Ribbon. The bow on the bears is hand cut with snips and stamped with Image 2 in Marina Mist first followed by Image 1 in Soft Sky. I’ve attached the bow on the box with a Glue Dot but used a Stampin’ Dimensional on the card.
I’ve stamped the Bear on the front and back of the box and tied the bow holding the box together so it faces the front. However, both sides are identical.
I’ve sued Very Vanilla card stock which measures 8″ x 11″ or 20cm x 28cm
- On the long side score at 1 1/2″; 5 1/4″; 6 3/4″; and 10 1/2″ or 4cm; 13.5cm; 17.5cm; and 27cm
- On the short side score at 1 1/2″ or 4cm from both ends so you have a closure both at the top and the bottom.
- Burnish all score lines well with your bone folder
- Stamp images where desired
- On scrap piece of Very Vanilla, stamp 2 bows and cut out with snips. Adhere to the Bears using Glue Dots
- On the top use a 1/4″ punch to punch 2 holes at the same spots on the front and the back
- Snip up all score lines to the 1 1/2″ or 4cm point on both ends of the box
- Adhere box at all points on the side and base
- Close box by threading ribbon through the holes.
Make sure you visit the other blogs on the hop to see their exciting shares:
Libby Dyson – You Are Here
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share …
Baby Bear • 12 photopolymer stamps #141859 A$45.00 (suggested clear blocks: b, e, g) Two-Step