This card and a couple of others have been so much fun to make. I’ve called this one In Stitches. It uses the Stitched All Around Stamp Set and the Stitched Labels Framelits Dies which come as a bundle for 10% off.
The background was achieved by scribbling Stampin’ Write Markers on an acrylic block, spritzing it with water and flipping the block and stamping down on the Shimmery White Card. I mopped up excess water with a paper towel. I then added some Clear Wink of Stella just for an added bit of glimmer and shimmer.
Blueberry Bushel and Balmy Blue Stampin’ Write Markers were used for this technique.
The bundle includes the Stitched All Around stamp set and the coordinating Stitched Labels Framelits Dies. I used a sentiment from the set with Blueberry Bushel ink on Balmy Blue card for the sentiment piece.
Cut and Emboss Framelits Dies
The Stitched Labels Framelits Dies are some of the special dies which both cut and emboss. You can choose to use them with your Big Shot as you normally would or you can choose to use them with the NEW Big Shot Embossing Mats to create a little added dimension.
The Big Shot Embossing Mats include three mats:
- An Impression Pad (White)
- A thin Silicon Rubber Mat (Blue); and
- A thick Silicon Rubber Mat (Grey)
They all come with easy to follow instructions to create the proper Big Shot sandwich depending on what you want to do – emboss or cut and emboss.
In Stitches Labels Framelit Cut and Emboss Process
- Stamp the sentiment onto the card
- Use the Framelits Dies to die cut the sentiment in the usual way. DO NOT REMOVE THE FRAMELIT, keep the card stock in the die.
Here’s the sandwich
- Big Shot Platform (no shim or Thinlit Die Adapter and not the Magnetic Platform)
- Standard Cutting Pad (the clear plate)
- Die cut placed face down with the card stock still in it. So the framelit is on the clear plate and you can see the card stock.
- Thick Silicone Rubber Mat (Grey one)
- Impressions Pad (white hard mat)
- Run it through the Big Shot
I used my Stamparatus for stamping the bottom of the card front, card insert and the envelope. The card also has some Whisper White Polka Dot Tule wrapped around it and some of the Silver and White Baker’s Twine which I unravelled.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Have you got your 2018 – 2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue yet? No? I have 2 ways for you to get yours, order it today or download it. Click on the appropriate image below.
See products used for today’s projects below in the clickable links and shop Online 24/7!