I’m introducing a new section here on my blog. Friday Focus will focus on a Stampin’ Up!® product, giving you ideas and ways to use it. I’d love to read some feedback on this initiative – do you feel it’s worthwhile?
116806 Champagne Mist A$11.50
116854 First White A$11.50
116807 Platinum A$11.50
From the Product Guide: 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalogue (AU/NZ) page 81
Features & Benefits
Pigment ink with a touch of shimmer
Available in 3 colours: Champagne Mist, Frost White, and Platinum
Champagne Mist and Frost White are translucent—wash them over your project and you’ll get a delicate layer of shine that’s more understated than glitter
Platinum is opaque—it will cover your surface completely, so you’ll want to use it as an accent colour instead of using it to cover your project
You can do almost anything with it that you can do with ink—you can stamp with it, cover an entire section of card stock or paper with it, or apply it over a stamped image or Rub-On.
Apply it with a Stamping Sponge or Sponge Dauber directly to a stamp or paper.
They are 14 g each and nontoxic, acid free.
1. To stamp with Shimmer Paint, apply a thin layer of paint to the stamp using a Sponge Dauber or Stamping Sponge and then stamp as usual (don’t overload the Sponge Dauber or the paint will seep into the recessed areas of the stamp). Because Champagne Mist and Frost White are translucent, images your stamp with them will be very light. Images stamped with Platinum Shimmer Paint will be more dramatic.
2. Shimmer Paint dries quickly; you don’t need to heat set it on paper or most materials.
3. You can use Shimmer Paint on natural fibre fabrics, such as cotton, wool, silk, etc., but you must heat set it to make it permanent. To heat set the paint, iron the fabric with the iron set at the appropriate temperature for the fabric. Once the paint is heat set, the Shimmer Paint will not wash off or smear.
My ideas for use
1. Apply on top of any colour ink to make that ink sparkle!
Use a dauber to get paint from the cap of the bottle and lightly dab on your stamp.
2. Paint on any coloured cardstock to add sparkle.
3. Mix Frost White with Crystal Effects
Mix your Crystal Effects and a drop of Frost White in a separate palette. It only takes a drop of Frost White. Apply heavily to your stamped image with a paint brush. You will get a more subtle shine instead of the glassy look.
4. Paint onto ribbon for a nice shine.
5. Faux Mother of Pearl –
Basically it is as simple as using a ball of plastic kitchen wrap to sponge on Stampin’ Up’s Frost White Shimmer Paint. When it dries you sponge the whole thing with any colour ink to get the subtle pearlized look.
Note: There is one thing that, in my opinion, does NOT work – painting onto white card stock with the Frost White. It doesn’t stay sheer – it becomes almost grey. However, the cardstock makes a big difference when you paint with Champagne Mist.
6. Use on the edge of stamps or paper.
Ink the stamp and then dab the shimmer paint along the edge of the stamp – just lightly dabbing.
7. Apply directly to a stamp for a subtle background.
8. Painting directly on the paper; edge each cardstock layer with the paint.
9. Paint onto chipboard.
10. Make it as a Shimmery Mist (1 oz/30ml of rubbing alcohol + 15 drops of paint) in a small spray bottle – shake well before each use (fill an eye dropper with a bit of the rubbing alcohol then empty it, then add 15 drops of shimmer paint and clean the eye dropper in your spray bottle – the residue left in your eyedropper will come out with a wash in hot water.)
11. Use a cotton bud to dab in the shimmer paint and then on parts of your embossing folder, then emboss as normal. You need to work fairly quickly as the paint tends to dry quickly
13. Dry brush over vellum for a ‘snow’ effect
14. Use a Blender Pen to pick up the Shimmer Paint and apply it over the coloured areas on an image
This is an acid-free paint and safe for scrapbooks, but do not spray it on photos. Any-thing else (besides people and pets) is fair game! One bottle of paint makes many refills of Shimmer Spray.
All bolded words are products available from Stampin’ Up!®. Please contact me for further information or to order.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share …