Today’s video shows you how to make this Petal Passion Hexagonal Box. I’m sure you’ll love it. It’s quite a large box and has a reinforced base for those extra heavy goodies.
These are the two Petal Passion Hexagonal Box which I made. The one on the left, I sued Stampin’ Blends to colour the images. Light and Dark of both Old Olive and pool Party plus the Color Lifter. I’ve used Pool Party for the embellishments and stamping as well.
Here’s a closer look at the Pool Party one. Can you see how I coloured the roses? These were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Thick Whisper White card. The lid is made from the water wash look Petal Passion Designer Series Paper.
Petal Passion Hexagonal Box Video
Petal Passion Hexagonal Box Template:
Now the lid will look the same but of course it will be narrower. By the time you’ve done your burnishing, cutting and trimming your box should resemble my template. Here’s what the finished lid looks like:
Petal Passion Hexagonal Box Basics
- Card measures 11 3/4″ x 7 3/4″ or 29.6 cm x 19.7 cm
- With the long side at the top of your Simply Scored score at: 1 7/8″, 3 3/4″. 5 5/8″, 7 1/2″, 9 3/8″ and 11 1/4″ or 4.8 cm, 9.5 cm, 14.3 cm, 19 cm, 23.8 cm and 28.5 cm
- With the short side at the top of your Simply Scored, score at 2 1/2″ or 6.3 cm
- Fold and burnish all score lines
- Cut up the score lines to the horizontal score line
- Cut out the small thin rectangle at the end
- Add Liquid Glue or Tear & Tape to the side and join to the other side with care
- Adhere you base together using Liquid Glue and try to keep the shape
- Cut your D.S.P. (Designer Series Paper) 12″ x 4″ or 30 cm x 10 cm. You can use 11 3/4 or 29.6 (A4), you’ll just have a narrower join.
- Cut as you did for base and adhere in the same fashion
Finishing the Box:
- Die cut 3 of the largest Scallop Circles from the Layering Circle Framelits Dies (3″ or 7.5 cm)
- Cut 1 of the plain circles (2 1/3″ or 6.3 cm) from the Layering Circles Framelits Dies
- Die cut 1 Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies – Circle in a coordinating colour
- Adhere 1 Scallop Circle to the base of the box and 1 inside the base of the box.
- Use the 3rd Scallop Circle and the other circles to embellish the lid
- Add your sentiment to the front of the box using Stampin’ Dimensionals
As always, let me know if you have any questions about the project or the products used.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Are you looking for a hobby, part or full-time job and be able to work from home and when it suits you? Do you love craft? Then you should consider doing what I do.
To learn more, visit my website.
Earn FREE Stamps With Libby rewards program – print your copy HERE.
I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR DEMONSTRATOR!