Welcome to another Freshly Brewed Blog Hop with the Latte Girls and we’re sharing projects with the Scalloped Notecards today. I’m sure you will be inspired by what the team have to share. Make sure you hop along with us and leave some love, in the form of a comment. We love comments.
I instantly fell in love with the Scalloped Note Cards & Envelopes the first time I saw them. They’re so handy to have around for quick notes or cards and these scallops just make you smile. I hope you like them as much as I do.
There are so many things you can do with these cards, including leave them plain. However, what fun is that? Today’s project is a CASE from page 34 of the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalogue. I encourage you to use the catalogue as a reference book of fun – there’s so much there to inspire you…. and copy! Not familiar with the acronym CASE? It stands for Copy And Share Everything or Copy And Selectively Edit … the main point being COPY!
- 20 Scalloped Note Cards & Envelopes
- 5 each of Balmy Blue, Light Pink, Old Olive and Terracotta Tile.
- Coordinates with the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper
For these cards, you’ll only be using the stamp set, but I can’t pass up an opportunity to save so I bought the bundle – and recommend you do the same. I’ve got a little mini card coming up that shows you how to use the punch to create layers. It’s good for more than tags!
Did you notice the colours in the striped Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper match the card colours? Yes! You can make all 20 cards using only 6.3 cm or 2 1/2″ from a single sheet of the DSP.
Tutorial Scalloped Notecards
Tip: Place the flat part of the die towards the scallops
- Die-cut above the scallops with either the stitched or xxx die from the Stitched Labels Dies (a personal favourite)
- Stamp leaves from Delightful Day Photopolymer Stamp Set with an Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad them in with the Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker (from the Regals Stampin’ Write Markers). If you don’t have these markers, try a Blender Pens with a little Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad.
- Stamp flowers with the colour matched ink (Terracotta Tile Classic Stampin’ Pad, Balmy Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad, Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad or Petal Pink Classic Stampin’ Pad – you can use Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad on the Old Olive cards)
- Add 1.3 cm x 12.5 cm or 1/2″ x 5″ strip of Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper to the inside edge of the card
- Finish with an accent from White Stampin’ Chalk Marker
For a sweetly simple accent, tie a piece of Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine around the card front (pink card above)
Want to make this? You CAN!
Click any link below to SHOP supplies for this project or find product details.
Apply the current Hostess Code when placing orders up to $250
EARN A $9 COUPON FOR EVERY $90 SPENT.
ALSO, EARN SHOPPING REWARDS FROM ME!
Blog Hop Participants:
- Narelle Fasulo, Simply Stamping with Narelle
- Libby Dyson, Libby Stampz – YOU ARE HERE
- Leonie Schroder, Stampalatte
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.