Welcome to another Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop and this time we have a Scrapbook Sketch Challenge.
Scrapbook Sketch Challenge
Tip: Make sure your layouts feature some of your own handwriting as it’s also a memory worth preserving for future generations. Use the Journaling Pens.
Tip: Sketches can often be a great launching point when your ‘mojo’ or creative juices aren’t flowing. You don’t have to use them as they are, change them to suit your photo and supplies
I don’t have the stamp set and punch which goes with this gorgeous Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper, however, I have used other Stampin’ Up! product to compliment what I do have.
Scrapbook Sketch Challenge Basics
- Use Whisper White 12″ X 12″ Card Stock for the background page
- Plan your page out using your photo as the focal point. I built backwards from the photo to the back
- Use Basic Black A4 Card Stock and cut pieces to size and label them with a pencil
- Adhere pieces of Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper with Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Use Liquid Multipurpose Glue to adhere all the pieces together and then to the page
- Cut a small piece of Whisper White A4 Card Stock for the journal box
- Use Whisper White A4 Card Stock and the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies with the Big Shot and Big Shot Magnetic Platform to die cut the piece for the date
- Write the date on using a Journaling Pens and then adhere using a Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut small strips of equal length and width from the Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper and adhere in opposite corners of the layout
- Using Pool Party A4 Card Stock and the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder emboss a small piece of card
- Die cut this piece using the small ticket type die from Stitched Labels Framelits Dies and adhere it to the layout with Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Using Basic Black A4 Card Stock and the Celebrate You Thinlit Dies to die cut the titles and adhere using Fine-Tip Glue Pen
- Use the Take Your Pick and Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere Metallics Sequin Assortment where desired
Tip: Label the black piece of card and adhere the D.S.P. to the other side. That way you can still see where each piece needs to be placed on the layout.
Tip: Die cut the narrowest Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies and then place the piece in again to the correct length, holding it in place with some post-it notes. This will give you a perfectly Stitched Rectangle for the date
Thanks so much for stopping by and spending time on my blog. I really appreciate it.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.
Request your copy of the 2019 Occasions Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration Brochures HERE