OK, so this card is a little different for me and it did take a bit of work but I think you’ll like Seasonal Woods which combines sponging on colour and masking to create the look. Add a bit of silver and you have a Christmas card in non-traditional colours.
Tip: For this type of card, plan it out ahead of stamping. This ensures you have enough room for everything to fit.
Tip: You could use some Frost White Shimmer Paint on the various branches to give a little more shimmer on the card front.
Make your sentiment piece by stamping in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad on Shimmery White A4 Card and then using the Everyday Label Punch to punch it out and also punch one out of Silver Foil Sheets. Cut the Silver Foil Sheets one in half horizontally. Add Liquid Multipurpose Glue to the cut edges and adhere to the back of the sentiment piece leaving a mask of Silver Foil Sheets around the sentiment piece. Now add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back, ready to adhere to the card front.
Tip: When die cutting a mask using a post-it note, place a piece of copy paper under the post-it note to get a better cut
Seasonal Woods Basics
- Cut a card base of Basic Black A4 Card Stock to 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Score and fold at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Cut Silver Foil Sheets to 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere to the card front using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
Tip: Save Silver Foil Sheets by punching the sentiment backing using the Everyday Label Punch from the foil before adhering it to the card front. The next layer of the card will hide the punched out shape
- Cut Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 13.9 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″ and adhere to the card front using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Cut Shimmery White A4 Card to 13.4 cm x 9 cm or 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Stamp the large tree using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad and add the mask you made previously
- Add the circle mask where desired
- Stamp the row of bare trees using Versamark Pad and sprinkle with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set using your Heat Tool
- Leave the masks in place and use Stamping Sponges to sponge on colour. I used Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad, Balmy Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad and Night Of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Remove the masks and gently rub with a tissue over the embossed trees to remove any excess ink
- Add the Silver Baker’s Twine and secure at the back using Tear & Tape Adhesive
- Add the sentiment piece
- Cut a card insert of Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 13.5 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Line up the card insert and the Whisper White C6 Envelopes so the Whisper White C6 Envelopes is on the right of the card insert and the bottom edges are in a straight line
- Using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad stamp the bare trees image across both the card insert and the Whisper White C6 Envelopes
- Adhere the card insert inside the care using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
Tip: Buy the bundle and save 10%
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.