Missed my post yesterday? I did 2 on Wednesday and thought I’d give you a break. So, today I have Shimmer Paint Christmas. This was so much fun, really. It is a bit messy but you’re not having fun unless you get messy or is that inky?
Shimmer Paint Christmas
This was the first of the two cards I made during my Love with Libby on Tuesday. I used the Merry Christmas To All Photopolymer Bundle. After the Emboss Resist Technique with the Frost White Shimmer Paint, it was a collaborative effort to complete the card.
Did you miss Tuesday’s Live With Libby? It’s a bit of fun and we have a laugh while I make mistakes but get the cards completed in the end.
Use Shimmery White A4 Card Stock and a mixture of Frost White Shimmer Paint, Merry Merlot Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill and Rubbing Alcohol in a Stampin’ Spritzer. Emboss using Versamark Pad and White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and your trusty Heat Tool.
Tip: Wipe the surface of the card with an Embossing Buddy before stamping, to remove static and fingerprints.
Use Shaded Spruce A4 Cardstock for the layer behind the Shimmery White A4 Card Stock and then use Shaded Spruce Classic Stampin’ Pad to stamp an image on the inside of the card and the Whisper White C6 Envelopes.
Use Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets to embellish the card.
Shimmer Paint Christmas Video
Now watch the video to see what mess I made and the fun we had whilst creating.
Did you gave me a thumbs up and subscribed to my channel?
Thank you for your support, I do appreciate it.
Play around with the mixture until you’re happy with it. This mixture had about 20 drops of Merry Merlot Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill in it and we used A4 Glossy White Cardstock. The mixture tended to pool a bit on this cardstock, so just use a paper towel or similar to soak up any excess. Rub over the embossed areas with the paper towel too.
We decided on the Gold Pearls from the Metallic Pearls to decorate this card. Play around with the embellishments until you’re happy. Opinion was divided on whether this card should have a bow from the Merry Merlot & Copper 5/8″ (1.6 Cm) Reversible Ribbon. It looks great on the top card but not so sure on this card. What do you think?
Shimmer Paint Christmas Basics
- Cut Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 29.7cm x 10.5 cm or 11″ x 4 1/4″
- Score and fold at 14.9 cm or 5 1/2″
- Cut the Gold Foil Sheets to 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Cut the A4 Glossy White Cardstock to 13.9 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Wipe card over with Embossing Buddy then use Versamark Pad to stamp the sentiment randomly on the front of the A4 Glossy White Cardstock
- Sprinkle with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, shake off the excess then heat set using your Heat Tool
- Shake up the mixture in the Stampin’ Spritzer well then spray on the card
- Allow it to dry before adhering all layers with Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Cut a card insert of Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 13.5 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4:
- Use Merry Merlot Classic Stampin’ Pad to stamp on the insert and then the Whisper White C6 Envelopes
- Adhere the card insert inside the card
- Die cut the sentiment from Gold Foil Sheets
- Use Liquid Multipurpose Glue to adhere the die cut sentiment where desired
- Add Metallic Pearls where desired
- Tie a bow using Merry Merlot & Copper 5/8″ (1.6 Cm) Reversible Ribbon and use Glue Dots to adhere it to the front of the card
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.