Hello, and welcome to another blog post. Today I’m writing about Shimmer Paint Techniques and will share some techniques with you. I also have an edited version of my Facebook Live where I shared how I did three different techniques.
Shimmer Paint Techniques
It’s difficult to see the shimmer paint in the photo
- Add some drops of Shimmer Paint to a Stampin’ Spritzer with Rubbing Alcohol, shake well and spray
- Ink up your stamp and add dabs of Shimmer Paint to the image and stamp down. Clean off under running water or use wet wipes so you don’t get the shimmer all through your Stampin’ Scrub or Simply Shammy.
- Use a Sponge Dauber to add some Shimmer Paint to the image after it has been stamped
Now get your favourite beverage and watch the video and see the techniques I shared.
Did you gave me a thumbs up and subscribed to my channel?
Thank you for your support, I do appreciate it.
Shimmer Paint Techniques Basics
- Cut card base to 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Score and fold at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Cut layer 1 to 13.9 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Cut D.S.P. to 13.4 cm x 9 cm or 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Stamp your image on Whisper White then trim down
- Adhere this piece to some Tranquil Tide and trim that down so you have a narrow mat of colour showing
- Place a strip of Tear & Tape up the middle of the D.S.P. and adhere the Burlap Ribbon
- Adhere all layers with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Stamp some flowers in Crumb Cake and die cut them, add some Shimmer Paint and when dry adhere to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut a piece of card for the card insert which is 13.5 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Stamp across both the card insert and the envelope and continue to stamp off
- Adhere the card insert inside the card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
What You Will Need
- Stamp set & dies – Petal Palette Clear-Mount Stamp Set and Petals & More Thinlits Dies
- Embellishments – 5/8″ (1.6 Cm) Burlap Ribbon and Metallic Pearls
- Colour – Frost White Shimmer Paint, Sponge Daubers and
- Ink – Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin’ Pad and Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Card – Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper, Tranquil Tide A4 Cardstock, Crumb Cake A4 Card Stock, Whisper White A4 Card Stock and Whisper White C6 Envelopes
- Tools – Big Shot and Big Shot Magnetic Platform
- Adhesive – Liquid Multipurpose Glue, Tear & Tape Adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.