This month at Stamping Techniques to Try we’re focusing on Simple Gift Bag. Gift Bags and boxes are easily made with the help of Stampin’ Up!s Gift Bag Punch Board or Envelope Punch Board. I’m sure you’ll be inspired by what the Design Team have for you and how easy it is to achieve great results for packaging solutions.
Simple Gift Bag
Steps to achieve Simple Gift Bag
Buy a Gift Bag Punch Board
- Cut your Frosted Floral 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 Cm) Specialty Designer Series Paper to 25 cm x 30.5 cm or 10″ x 12″
- Line the edge of your paper up with the edge of the punch bit on the board (see image above)
- Score the horizontal, around the triangle and down the side (see where the bone folder is pointed to)
- Punch Down
- Move your paper to the left and line up the last score line with the pointer/start line and score down the line at S (Small as we’re making a Small bag).
- Score across the horizontal
- Punch down
- Repeat from the beginning
Tip: If using Designer Series Paper just fold all the score lines with your fingers, that way you won’t damage the paper
- Use the hole punch at the back to punch your holes for the handles or ribbon
- Line the pointer (indicated by bone folder) up with each score line and punch down
- Add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the tab and adhere the edges of the bag
- Now fold in the base and add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the flaps.
- Thread Tranquil Tide 1/4″ (6.4 Mm) Velvet Ribbon through the holes for the handles. Cut the ribbon to a point on the end you are using to push through the holes, to make the threading easier
Tip: I use a ruler or something long with a flat end to reach inside the bag and give the base flaps a good rub to ensure they have adhered well
This is a side view.
Tip: I use where the sides are joined as the back of my bag and ensure the last front bottom flap closes facing the back of the bag
Make the Tag
- Stamp your sentiment from First Frost Clear-Mount Bundle with Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin’ Pad on Whisper White A4 Card Stock and die ut it and die cut a larger tag in Tranquil Tide A4 Cardstock
- Stamp on Whisper White A4 Card Stock in Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin’ Pad for the leaf and Merry Merlot Classic Stampin’ Pad for the flower.
- Die cut these elements out and also die cut a leaf using White Vellum A4 Card Stock
- Adhere all pieces together with Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Punch a hole in the tag using 1/8″ Circle Handheld Punch and thread Silver Baker’S Twine through it
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.