Welcome to another blog hop with the Simple Stamping Techniques design Team. This month we’re looking at Step Cards – sidestep, centre step. So with this in mind, make sure you hop around all the blogs for Simple Stamping Techniques – Step Card.
I’m so pleased you stopped by to spend time with me today. I really appreciate it.
What’s your favourite card fold? This one is easy and I have a video and template to help you.
Simple Stamping Techniques – Step Card
For this card I used:
- Climbing Roses Cling Bundle
- Pinewood Planks Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Stampin’ Blends
Tip: Layer a few stamps onto one block if you’re stamping them all in the same colour. Spread them apart a bit and you ink all of them up at once and do one lot of stamping.
Tip: Have all your images and card ready to die cut, so you can do it all in one go. Then you can sit and create without interrupting your creativity to use your Big Shot
Time for the video? Do you want to see how I made this card?
Did you give me a thumbs up and subscribe to my YouTube channel?
Thank you for your support, I do appreciate it.
Tip: When using Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, lightly spritz the card with water first then run it through the Big Shot.
Use Stamping Sponges to distress with ink an embossed piece of card.
Tip: Cut the Stamping Sponges into 6 or 8 pieces and use a punched piece of card folded in half and stapled to the point of the cut Stamping Sponges as a handle. I also write the colour on the handle.
Colour the images as follows:
- Roses with Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack
- Leaves with Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack
Tip: I find when colouring with Stampin’ Blends, I use the lighter colour first on a small area. Then I use the darker colour to add shades and depth, I then go over the area again with the lighter colour, blending the two shades together.
Simple Stamping Techniques – Step Card Basics
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White A4 Card Stock to 28 cm x 14 cm
- Use 2 more quarter sheets of Shimmery White A4 Card Stock which measure 14.9 cm x 10.5 cm each. One to be used for stamping all images and the sentiment in Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad and the other for the Pinewood Planks Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Die cut the images and the sentiment using the Rose Trellis Thinlits Dies from the bundle
- Ink distress the embossed piece using Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad and Stamping Sponges
- Use one of the Aqua Painters and Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad to splatter ink over the front of your project
- Cut the Pinewood Planks piece to 8.5 cm x 2.8 cm (2 pieces) and adhere to the side steps using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Adhere the trellis die cut using Liquid Multipurpose Glue or Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets
- Add the other elements using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…