Welcome to another blog hop with the Simple Stamping Techniques Design Team. This month we’re excited to share with you Simple Stamping Techniques – Wooden Elements.
There are many wood elements available through stamping up:
- Frames Elements
- Touches Of Nature Elements
- Butterfly Elements available from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure with a $90 purchase
Click the Banner Below for FREE Products
Tip: Don’t forget when you spend $90 or more you qualify for FREE product through Sale-A-Bration
Simple Stamping Techniques – Wooden Elements
Tip: Adding Wooden Elements to your paper craft projects seems to take them to the next level.
- Scrapbook pages – think outdoors; dreamy type photos (butterflies); framing elements you want to highlight; adding an element to Designer Series Paper etc.
- Cards – match to your card themes
- 3D item – these look great on the top or sides of your boxes, bags etc.
For this project I used:
- Vibrant Vases Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Vases Builder Punch
- Butterfly Elements
- Pearl Basic Jewels
- Layering Ovals Framelits Dies
- Gingham Gala 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper
Tip: I find adhering these using Glue Dots seems to be the best way to keep them on your project.
Tip: You can always roll up your Glue Dots on the roll to make a small ball for ting elements
Tip: If you have trouble with 2 step stamping use:
Fussy cut the flowers and use the Vases Builder Punch to punch out the vase. Add Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of both. Place the small pearls from Pearl Basic Jewels in the centres of the flowers.
Simple Stamping Techniques – Wooden Elements Basics
- Cut a card base of Balmy Blue A4 Cardstock to 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Score and fold at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Cut Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 14.4 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Cut Gingham Gala 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper to 13.4 cm x 9 cm or 4 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Adhere both of these pieces to the card front using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Stamp the vases on the Whisper White C6 Envelopes and the card insert which is cut from Whisper White A4 Card Stock to 13.5 cm x 9.5 cm or 5″ x 3 3/4″. Adhere to the inside of the card using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Die cut a frame using the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies and an oval which is the in-between size of the inner and outer frame.
- Adhere the plain oval to the card front using Liquid Multipurpose Glue. Then place Foam Adhesive Strips on the back of the frame and add it to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Adhere the vase, flowers and butterfly to the card front. Add Pearl Basic Jewels to the butterfly.
Tip: Use the Gingham Gala 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper to make several cards the same but in different colours. They will all look different.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Blog Hop Participants
- Libby Dyson – Libby Stampz, Australia YOU ARE HERE
- Delys Cram – New Zealand
- Carman Morris – The Netherlands
- Leonie Schroder – Australia
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.