This week I’m going to share some more window card ideas with you. I’m having a week away from Christmas, so come with me as I share these easy to make a card with Window Thank You Card. I’ve used Southern Serenade Clear-Mount Stamp Set, Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Pretty Label Punch and some Linen Thread to create this card.
Window Thank You Card
Tip: Use your Framelit Dies with your stamp sets to get more use from them. Check out the catalogues to see which Layering or Shape Framelits go with what stamp sets.
Use the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies to die cut an oval to create the window. Use the same die and a slightly larger Scallop Oval to create the bordered edge. Die cut the plain oval first and then the Scallop Oval using the Big Shot and the Big Shot Magnetic Platform to die cut your pieces.
Tip: When you die cut your window, use that as a guide to position your stamps.
Use colours which compliment each other for the type of card you are making. Here I have used Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad stamped off for the background image. I’ve then used Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad on Very Vanilla A4 Thick Cardstock for the floral image and then coloured with Stampin’ Blends.
Stamp the sentiment on Very Vanilla A4 Card Stock with Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad then punch out using the Pretty Label Punch. Tie a multiloop bow from Linen Thread and adhere to the sentiment piece with Glue Dots.
Tip: To make a background mat for a punch, simply punch out the same shape in a different colour. Here I have used Card Stock A4 Blushing Bride. Then cut the punched shape in half horizontally and adhere to the sentiment piece with Liquid Multipurpose Glue leaving a small gap.
Window Thank You Card Basics
- Cut a card base of Very Vanilla A4 Card Stock to 14.9 cm x 21 cm or 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Score and fold at 10.5 cm or 4 1/4″
- Die cut an oval in the centre front of the card using the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Big Shot and the Big Shot Magnetic Platform
- Die cut a Scallop Oval from Card Stock A4 Blushing Bride as described above
- Cut a card insert of Very Vanilla A4 Thick Cardstock to 13.9 cm x 10 cm or 5 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere to the inside of the card using Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Use the Oval as a guide and stamp the background image from Southern Serenade Clear-Mount Stamp Set and stamped off Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Stamp the floral image over the background image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Colour the leaves with Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack and the flowers with Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack
- Stamp a small floral image on the Very Vanilla C6 Envelopes and colour as before with a very light touch.
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Very Vanilla A4 Card Stock with Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad and then punch out using the Pretty Label Punch
- Punch out another piece using the Pretty Label Punch and Card Stock A4 Blushing Bride then cut horizontally up the centre and adhere to the sentiment piece using Liquid Multipurpose Glue and leaving a small gap so you get the background mat.
- Using Linen Thread tie a multiloop bow and adhere to the sentiment piece with Glue Dots
- Adhere the sentiment to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you come back again soon to see what else I have to share.
Remember, your creativeness is only limited by your imagination. Keep smiling and until next we share…
Buy the products used in this project and many more Stampin’ Up! Products in my Online Store now.